Monday, March 8, 2010

Primary Talent Show

On Saturday our ward held a Primary Talent Show for the kids in our church from ages 3-11. Talk about great free entertainment, heck, I would've PAID to watch this stuff! I haven't laughed so hard in awhile (quietly though, of course). The kids were just so cute and very, very talented; but sometimes the way they chose to show their talents had me almost falling off my seat with laughter. I tell you, if you ever get a chance to attend a Primary Talent Show, go for it; it will be an experience you'll never forget!


Although Jillian's not quite old enough, I had all three girls do a song. They performed "A Frog Went A Courtin'" and they were so blasted cute. Savannah was the frog, Kamrin was Miss Mousey, and Jillian was Uncle Rat. We dressed them up with things I found around the house; final product:


I've attached the video of them singing but it's kind of hard to understand the words so here they are so you can follow along:


A frog went a courtin' and he did ride uh huh, uh huh

A frog went a courtin' and he did ride uh huh, uh huh

A frog went a courtin' and he did ride,

a sword and a pistol by his side uh huh, uh huh, uh huh


Miss Mousey will you marry me uh huh, uh huh

Miss Mousey will you marry me uh huh, uh huh

Miss Mousey will you marry me?

Yes, if my uncle rat agrees uh huh, uh huh, uh huh


Uncle Rat he laughed and shook his fat sides uh huh, uh huh

Uncle Rat he laughed and shook his fat sides uh huh, uh huh

Uncle Rat he laughed and shook his fat sides,

to think Miss Mousey would be a bride uh huh, uh huh, uh huh


Alright, here's the show:
As you can see, they had a blast. Now what to do next year...

4 comments:

  1. THAT WAS SOOOOOO CUTE!! I so wish we lived closer to see your cute girls! Tyler sat on my lap and watched the whole thing and was saying savannah, kamrin, jilly, he loves his cousins!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved it! Brody and Kelsi watched the whole thing, then requested an encore so we watched it again. The girls are so dang cute, what can I say? We MISS you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! They were super cute! I am trying to post ours, but that "dance" is just sooooo long. It is taking forever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute I'm glad that your mom recorded it for us all to see. Love ya Grandma Teenie

    ReplyDelete