Off of our state room was a private veranda, and since we were on the back of the ship this was our view. It was so beautiful, Jer and I loved to go out here and enjoy the weather and smell of the ocean.
On our veranda were lawn chairs, so a lot of the time I'd take a book out there and just read to my heart's content!
We sailed from Fort Lauderdale, Florida and our first stop was at Grand Turk. This is a picture of the beach there. Jer learned to snorkel in those waters, he says it was unbelievable! Tina and I mostly sunbathed in the lawn chairs and read our books...boring? Absolutely not, I never get to just sit and read when I'm at home!
Our next stop was at the Grand Cayman Islands. This is a view of the streets there.
This was a hole in the ground that supplied their underground irrigation system.
Out of our group, the tour guide chose Jer to jump down in the hole and check it out
Jer in the hole!
This is the view Jer was looking at. He said that our camera couldn't pick it up but there were tunnels going all different directions from the hole. As the rain came down it would filter to the hole and from there the water would run through the different tunnels to supply water throughout parts of the village.
Chris, Tina, Jer and I at the Mayan ruins in Cazumel.
Mayan Ruins
An ancient archway...amazing, huh?
One of the gathering places for the villagers. I feel so blessed to have gone on this cruise, I saw and experienced so many things that I never thought I would. It was so relaxing and I loved knowing the kids were with someone who loves them and would take good care of them (thanks Ashlee, I love you!). It was wonderful for Jer and I to have that time together, and I'm so glad Chris and Tina had the chance to go also. It was definitely a vacation I'll never forget!
Your cruise looks absolutely wonderful. My fav part is your veranda with the amazing views. All the ports you visited, what a totally great experience. Thanks for the title, I love that song and now have it stuck in my head.
ReplyDeleteYou look GREAT in the pics! And the views and ship are just Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing :) LOVE ya sis!
ReplyDelete