The weather has been warming up recently, melting the snow and giving us all spring fever. However, with the snow melting it was leaving a problem in our backyard, revealing all the lovely deposits our two dogs have been making all winter long. I actually went out several times through the winter season to scoop what I could, but most of the time everything was so frozen into the snow and ground it didn't do much good. So here we are, with the sun shining and the kids wanting to play outside, but the whole time having to avoid bombs all over the yard.
Jer and I had planned to work on the yard on Saturday, but Tuesday it cooled back down and Wednesday stayed cold, freezing everything back up without having it stuck in snow. I knew that starting Thursday the weather was supposed to warm back up and so I had but a small window of time to get the work done that needed to be done. So, armed with WalMart sacks and latex gloves, I spent a solid hour picking up poop and filling sacks. Then, to make matters worse, we didn't get a chance to rake our leaves last year because they fell so late in the season and it snowed so early they just got trapped. So after I was done cleaning what I could, I then spent the next hour and half raking and bagging leaves.
Here are the fruits of my labor:
The WalMart sacks are all full of dog doo and the black sacks are the leaves. I can't tell you how nice it is to have this done, and now Jer and I can actually do something fun with the kids tomorrow! Anyway, I know I'm tooting my own horn a little here but I felt like I deserve it :)
Oh my goodness! That is a ton of icky work. Good job, sis. At least now you can totally enjoy your backyard!
ReplyDeleteTHAT IS SO MUCH POOP!!! Good job cleaning it all up byself! I love to see the finished products of my work, it feels so good :)
ReplyDeletethat should say by yourself..so much for proof reading BEFORE you post..LOL
ReplyDeleteToot all you want sweetie!! That is a job for men anyway! you are the very best!! Love you, Aunt Mary
ReplyDelete