So last Tuesday Savannah & Kamrin started T-ball. Have any of you ever watched a bunch of 5 and 6 year olds playing a sport? Maybe I was a little older when I played T-ball, but I really thought that our team was awesome...now I'm not so sure! The girls' team is so cute and funny to watch! At bat, the rule of the league is you can only run 1 base at a time, then after a certain number of players have batted that inning, everyone out there runs the bases. I like this rule because it keeps the games fairly even and the kids actually look like they know what they're doing. The only exception was Kamrin's first game when she stepped up to bat for the first time. I could tell she was a little for nervous but like a trooper she stepped right up, took a deep breath, and swung as hard as she could. She completely missed the ball but the bat hit the tee, knocking the ball off. Although the ball hadn't rolled more than a couple of inches, Kamrin dropped her bat and took off at a dead spring toward 3rd base! They of course called her back and had her try again, and she did a great job. It really was so cute!
Here's a picture of the girls before their first game:

This is Savannah at bat:

Here's Kamrin batting:
This is Savannah running home after a grand slam!

And here is Kamrin running home...when she runs, people around us comment on how fast she is!

Here is Savannah playing 1st base, Kamrin is the player covering 2nd:

Good job, girls, Daddy and Mommy love to watch you play and are so proud of how hard you work and your good attitudes!
Oh, that is so fun! We thought we'd try T-ball sometime for Brody. It looks like they are loving it. That is so funny Kamrin runs fast, because Brody is a speed demon too! I don't know if he just looks faster than everyone else because he runs 100% on and off the field and in between (and no one else does), but I love watching him speed around.
ReplyDeleteI have determined watching little kids play any sport is a riot!
Oh my heck they are so cute! I love the pics... I didn't even know they play T-ball! Tell them they are so cute and I love them.
ReplyDeleteOh how I wish we lived closer so we could come to the games! We really have to make it to one of Brody's soccer games this season, luckily he will play again in the summer Kelly said so we will for sure have to watch one! How fun that the girls get to be on the same team. They look so cute in their baseball outfits. And such naturals standing there hitting the ball and running the bases. I actually think I ran to 3rd base before! Tell the girls we love them and are rooting them on in our thoughts :)
ReplyDelete