A couple of days ago Jillie had out my biggest mixing bowl. She could hardly fit her arms around it, yet she draped a towel over the top and lugged it around the best she could. Ever so often she would walk by me and whisper, "Shhh, doggie sleeping!"
"Oh," I answered, "Your doggie is sleeping in there?"
"Mmm hmm," she would reply and walk off, only to come back and do it again a couple of minutes later. I found myself wondering which of the many stuffed dogs she was playing with today.
A little later she changed it up somewhat: "Shhh, Fluffy sleeping!"
"Your doggie's name is Fluffy?" I asked.
"Mmm hmm."
Well that didn't narrow it down at all since all our stuffed dogs are soft and fluffy. Finally, after about 20 minutes of playing like this, the mystery was solved when Jillie reached in that gigantic bowl and pulled out...a tiny rock, smaller than a pencil eraser.
As she placed the rock carefully in my hand I asked her, "What's this?"
"Fluffy," she answered, matter-of-factly.
Whatever you say, Sweet Pea...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lol that is so cute! I love Jilly.. our little Ash! She is such a cutie.
ReplyDeleteMy kids kicked me out of the back bathroom last week because we had a pack of dogs sleeping in there. The beds were amazing, the dogs? Invisible.
ReplyDelete