OK, so I haven't posted for awhile. Sorry! I feel like I have a lot to catch up on, starting with last Saturday. Our niece, Haddie (Kortnee and AJ's daughter), celebrated her 3rd birthday and it honestly was such a fun time! Haddie wanted a princess party and Savannah, Kamrin and Jillian had a blast. Their other cousins, Audrey and Jenna, were there, as well as one other girl who is Haddie's friend. When we arrived for the party, all the girls dressed up in their princess costumes, then they each were presented with a crown and a wand.


They played Pin the Kiss on the Frog, a spin off of Pin the Tail on the Donkey.





Yep, that's right, a little 4-wheeler! AJ was able to trade in some work to a guy who wanted to get rid of it and it was so cool! The kids had a blast riding it.



So you would think that would be the end, right? Well, not quite. You see, Jer and Chris's boss, Frank Vandersloot, needed Chris to help him with something that day but Chris didn't feel right leaving Haddie's party so Frank struck a deal with him. If Chris would help Frank, Frank would send out his private, top-of-the-line helicoptor and give rides to everyone at the party. Yes, you read that right, we got to have a HELICOPTOR ride!


It was so fun to get in and put on those headphones, you felt like you were in a movie or something. The girls LOVED it and talked the whole time.
We flew around for about 10-15 minutes, flying right over the Teton mountain range.


Anyone who knows me knows what a wimp I am when it comes to anything moving...I get such horrible motion sickness. And this was no exception. Luckily I was able to keep everything down and the pilot was awesome, not doing any tricks or anything so I wouldn't get more sick.
Then it was cake time! Kortnee had made the most adorable castle cake, I almost hated to see her cut into it!
After cake and ice cream Haddie got to open her presents. I tell you, that had to be one of the cutest things ever. She was so excited about every gift and would say, "Yes, this is just what I always wanted!" or, "A Roxy shirt! I love Roxy shirts!" One time she even said the classic, "Yes, it's just what I wanted....what is it?"
Haddie was having so much fun but the best was yet to come. After she opened her gifts we all went outside for her main gift from her parents:
Yep, that's right, a little 4-wheeler! AJ was able to trade in some work to a guy who wanted to get rid of it and it was so cool! The kids had a blast riding it.
So you would think that would be the end, right? Well, not quite. You see, Jer and Chris's boss, Frank Vandersloot, needed Chris to help him with something that day but Chris didn't feel right leaving Haddie's party so Frank struck a deal with him. If Chris would help Frank, Frank would send out his private, top-of-the-line helicoptor and give rides to everyone at the party. Yes, you read that right, we got to have a HELICOPTOR ride!
It was so fun to get in and put on those headphones, you felt like you were in a movie or something. The girls LOVED it and talked the whole time.
Anyone who knows me knows what a wimp I am when it comes to anything moving...I get such horrible motion sickness. And this was no exception. Luckily I was able to keep everything down and the pilot was awesome, not doing any tricks or anything so I wouldn't get more sick.
It truly was a great day, a day we won't ever forget. Thanks Kort, AJ, Frank, and Haddie for such a fun time!
What a fun, fun time! Glad it turned out to be such a memorable birthday party for Haddie and all of the girls! I loved the cake...recipe anyone? And your girls looked absoulutely adorable. Great party!
ReplyDeleteIt really was so much fun, everything went so smooth! It was so nice of Frank to give us rides, it made the day complete! I'm so glad you guys came up. We love you
ReplyDeleteMy favorite comment on the video clip was when one of the little ones says..."This is so cool!!" I bet no one will ever forget this birthday party!! Love to all, Aunt Mary
ReplyDeleteSo jealous looks like you had a blast!!! Sorry you got sick though. What a cute party. Such a good idea :)
ReplyDelete