OK, another example of my 2 year old and her little attitude. A thing to know about her: she reminds me of a combination of a young Shirley Temple and a cupie doll. Do you remember those old dolls, my sisters and I used to play with them at our grandma's house. They have a plastic hair swirl, big eyes, big cheeks, small nose and a rosebud mouth. Anyway, I call Jillie my cupie doll. I actually found a doll at church one day in the nursery and so I made Jillie hold her and took some pictures so I could always remember the resemblance. I never got the "perfect" picture and after awhile I felt like an idiot posing my daughter with this doll in front of everyone, especially since I had to take the doll away from a little girl to do this. Result:
Also, she can pull scowls like no other, except the young Shirley Temple. However, when she smiles she's also like Shirley Temple, with these huge brown eyes that sparkle and can light up the whole room. So just a couple of minutes ago I go to put Jillian down for a nap. She's going down pretty well since she was clutching a chocolate chip cookie in her hand at the time. I lay her down and try to quietly slip out of the room. All of a sudden I hear "Un song" and I look back to see her chubby hand holding up one finger and these big brown eyes staring at me. Of course I head back, and after thinking for a second, start in to "Shine On Harvest Moon". I had only gotten about 4 words into my rendition when...
1st scowl: "Ismas."
"You want a Christmas song?"
"Yes."
So, out I bust with "Up on the housetop". Again, just a couple of words into the song...
2nd scowl: "Jingle Bells."
Obediently I change songs: " Dashing through the snow, in a one horse..."
3rd scowl plus chubby finger again: "Uh one" (other one)
Understanding hits and I start singing, "Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way..."
Then that sparkly-eyed smile comes out and she patiently listens as I sing the chorus. Just as I end I head toward the door when I hear, "Un song!" I shut the door without turning around.
Hi Kendra! I am Kelly and Jen's old roommate...I remember you and so it was fun to see you have a blog! I'll be sure and check it out more later! You are so beautiful and what a beautiful family!
ReplyDeleteHi Stephanie!
ReplyDeleteI remember you, and thank you for checking out my blog! I really have been blessed, funny how life changes so quickly. It doesn't seem that long ago that Anne and I were visiting you all!
Kendra
Sometimes I sing to my kids at night, and they each get to pick a song. The standing rule is first song goes, and if you let me pick you're stuck with it.
ReplyDeleteAlthough at two, you do have to be flexible to accomodate translation issues...
Lol that sounds just like my little Jilly! She is so cunny. When you were telling that story I could just see all of her faces she made in my head. Oh man I love that girl. Well I love all of them!
ReplyDeleteI was totally picturing it just like Kort however, I am so sad to say I rarely get to see your darling kids! So sad to think about. I just try not to. It makes it easier that way, I just pretend I get to see them all the time :) Tyler is just starting to say a few words, and he is very demanding! Maybe they get that from their Dad's?? Cuz it couldn't possibly be from us.....
ReplyDeleteHey I didn't know you had a blog... How is everything??? Life has been busy here.. I love seeing Jilly.. she is soo cute and sweet.. We need to go on a double date together.. That would be really fun..
ReplyDeleteI just discovered your blog! What a cute family you have! I laughed at your daughter's request for a Christmas song! I'm pretty sure the love of all things Christmas is in her DNA.
ReplyDelete