After we got back to my parent's house from my grandparent's house, it was time to get down to serious business. The kids got to open their first Christmas present: new pajamas. Everyone took time to change, then Mom read the Christmas story while the grandchildren held up visual aids at the appropriate times. Afterward, we sang Christmas carols for about 5 minutes when who should arrive at the door but Santa Claus! The kids were so excited, what a great surprise! Santa gave each child a present, then we got to take pictures of our kids with him.
After Santa left, the kids exchanged cousin gifts, then we all opened the crazy amount of presents Mom and Dad got everyone. All the kids got some great toys, but what was really cool was each family got some survival gear, including tents, sleeping bags, a cooler, an emergency radio, and so much more that I can't even think of! Thanks Mom and Dad! After everyone left and we went to bed, Santa must have returned because the next morning when we woke up there were filled stockings for the kids and these huge stuffed animals for the girls!
Christmas day was very relaxing. After the stockings and presents for our own little family, we had a nice breakfast and then another tradition: a tractor ride with Grandpa. My dad hooks a trailor to his tractor and everyone piles in, then he drives all over the farm. It's so fun, the kids have a blast, although at one point Jillie and Jax both fell asleep :)
A couple days after Christmas we got to go to church with my family. The kids got the cutest Christmas outfits from their Grandma and Grandpa Nelson so of course I couldn't resist snapping a couple of shots:

This vacation was the longest one we've ever spent in Washington since Jer and I have been married, and part of the reason why is because I wanted to spend my birthday with my family there. My birthday happens to fall on New Year's Eve and this year I turned the big 30 (I know, crazy huh?) so we had a birthday/New Year's party for me. First, Jer and I went out to breakfast with our kids, then we headed back over to Grandma and Grandpa Valentine's house. Annie and Jenny were there with their kids and Grandma had made a wonderful birthday cake for me, which I still need to get the recipe for. I love spending time at my grandparent's house, it was so much fun and really takes me back to when I was growing up. Afterwards, we went back to my parent's house where we again ate and partied! Kelly and her kids joined us, and Whitney and her boys were there so it was again a loving houseful. Jeremiah and the girls actually made me another birthday cake, with 30 candles and all! Thanks guys, I loved it!

Finally, it was time to toast the new year in. The kids did it early so they could go to bed, but boy did they feel grown up when Grandma let them use her nice goblets and they got to drink sparkling cider!

What a great vacation, thank you to everyone for such a good time...I miss you all already!
This vacation was the longest one we've ever spent in Washington since Jer and I have been married, and part of the reason why is because I wanted to spend my birthday with my family there. My birthday happens to fall on New Year's Eve and this year I turned the big 30 (I know, crazy huh?) so we had a birthday/New Year's party for me. First, Jer and I went out to breakfast with our kids, then we headed back over to Grandma and Grandpa Valentine's house. Annie and Jenny were there with their kids and Grandma had made a wonderful birthday cake for me, which I still need to get the recipe for. I love spending time at my grandparent's house, it was so much fun and really takes me back to when I was growing up. Afterwards, we went back to my parent's house where we again ate and partied! Kelly and her kids joined us, and Whitney and her boys were there so it was again a loving houseful. Jeremiah and the girls actually made me another birthday cake, with 30 candles and all! Thanks guys, I loved it!
Finally, it was time to toast the new year in. The kids did it early so they could go to bed, but boy did they feel grown up when Grandma let them use her nice goblets and they got to drink sparkling cider!
What a great vacation, thank you to everyone for such a good time...I miss you all already!
Okay, where to start?! First of all, that picture of your family on the tractor ride is the best picture of all of you! You look beautiful-you always could pull off a hat and look fab. The kids look so cute in the church outfits...love the PURSE! How much fun we had! Thank you for coming-we love and miss you all too.
ReplyDeleteFun pictures. Fun Christmas. Also, you look so cute in your hat. Glad you had fun. I am waiting for you to post pictures about your cruise.
ReplyDeleteI MISS YOU TOO!!!!!!! and yes you look BEAUTIFUL in the tractor ride pic :)
ReplyDelete