Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Easter and Birthdays

I know it's been a couple of weeks since Easter but you all will have to indulge me writing about it because I didn't have a blog back then and dang it, I want it to be in my blog!

We spent Easter weekend at Challis Hot Springs, the annual Nelson camping spot. The day before Easter the girls had a great time with their cousins Haddie and Sage and a family friend's son, Collin, coloring eggs and getting ready for the Easter Bunny.


The boys usually spend all day fishing (refer to Jeremiah's big fish picture) but Easter day Jer stayed "inland" and spent the day with the kids and I, hunting for Easter baskets and eggs, and swimming.



Easter Sunday happened to also be Kamrin's 5th birthday, so Kamrin and I decorated her bunny birthday cake together. We had so much fun!



Of course, Kamrin also loved opening her presents. Her favorites were a scooter, the Barbie "Mermaidia" DVD, and the Watch Me Sing (Vol. 2) CD. This is an interactive music CD that the girls and I sing and dance to throughout the house.


6 days later Jillian celebrated her 2nd birthday. Boy, was she cute! She loved being the center of attention and every time she opened a present she would clap her hands, squeal, then throw her arms above her head and shout out "HaaaaaBirdaaaaaaay!"

She loved her umbrella from Granmma Koni, her Talk 'n Play, and her Watch Me Sing (Vol. 1) CD. As you can see from the pictures, I definitely did not go all out on her birthday "cake". Hey, what can I say, 2 cakes in less than a week isn't always easy!


After the cupcakes the girls went outside to eat ice-cream cones on the trampoline. What a fun day!

9 comments:

  1. I love finally seeing all of these great pictures! And Kelsi correctly identified Jaxon today-see it is working! Cutest bunny cake ever, did you come up with that on your own? Or is it a recipe you follow? I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kel! I'm so glad Kelsi's beginning to recognize her Idaho cousins, my kids love looking at your blog, too! I actualy came up with the idea for that bunny cake myself and I have to admit, it was so blasted easy! Let me know if you want the recipe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kendra,

    I'm so glad you have a blog. I bother Jeremiah all of the time asking for pictures. This is perfect! Thanks for sharing. The kids are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for looking, Rachelle. And thank you for all the interest and love you've shown our family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kids are so cute! I can't get over how much Kamrin looks like you! And will you tell your MIL and SIL that I want to be able to view their blogs? jermandwhit@gmail.com they'll need my address so there it is. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love it! I'm so glad you've got a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kendra! I am so happy that you have a blog. Your family is adorable. Love your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kendra Blogs! And it's about time. Love the pics. Don't you remember those bunny cakes our mom's used to make with the 7 minute frosting and coconut? I don't think they had feet though, so yours are better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you have a blog not glad that i am not on your friends list!

    ReplyDelete